Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can also be made using chicken
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Cook and drain the rice.
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup of butter; add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add chicken broth and white wine, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, parsley, onions, poultry seasoning, and half of the cheese (1 cup).
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cubed turkey.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I used chicken instead of turkey in making this casserole. Good, but probably could have used more seasoning.