Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in Taste of Home December/January 1996 issue, submitted by Zita Wilensky.
Make and share this Turkey Primavera recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey tenderloins
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Cube turkey.
- Combine flour and parsley.
- Add turkey cubes and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the turkey, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Chop the onion and pepper and combine in the same skillet with the next three ingredients.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the next 8 ingredients and cook and stir until sauce reaches the desired consistency, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.
- Add the turkey back to the skillet and heat through.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Drain and rinse the fettuccine.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with your choice of Italian cheese if desired.