Recipe by MizzNezz
This is the best thing I do with leftover turkey.
Top Review by Mike McCartney
Excellent. The filling turned out very tasty. I like biscuits, so I used 2 cups Bisquick, 1/2 cup chedder cheese, and 1 cup milk, to make a topping instead of using the crust. I baked covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncoverd for 15 more minutes.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 3 tablespoons light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, parsley and thyme.
- Stir in turkey, vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Crust: Mix potato flakes, flour and cheese.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Add water; toss with a fork until dough comes together.
- On floured surface, roll to fit baking dish.
- Place on top of filling; cut vents in crust.
- Brush crust with cream.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, until light brown.
- You may need to cover with foil to prevent over browning.