Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH. The photo is of a very pretty orange-swirled loaf. I bet this could be used for OAMC.
- 1 lb carrot, cut in julienne strips
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped and divided
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and 1 cup of onion in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, water, salt, parsley, thyme and remaining onion. Crumble turkey over the mixture and combine well.
- On a piece of heavy foil pat turkey mixture into a rectangle. Spread carrot and onion mixture to 1 inch of the edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeing foil away as you roll.
- Seal seams and ends. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.