Recipe is from the Seattle Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 cups turkey or 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained, rinsed and drained again
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey meat
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1To prepare the soup: In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, carrots and celery. Sauté 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in undrained tomatoes, chilies and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the pinto beans, cooked turkey meat, rice, cumin, oregano, cayenne and salt. Simmer 15 minutes.
- 4To prepare the nachos: Spread the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cheese. Place on the top rack of the oven and broil until bubbly. Garnish each serving of soup with a few nachos and serve the remaining on the side.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey-Pinto Bean Soup With Nacho Garnish
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 548.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: