Recipe by east coast nellie
This sweet and savory snack is my favorite way to enjoy delicious ripe cantaloupes in the summer! You can also double or triple this to make quick summer appetizers.
Top Review by ladypit
Yum. I ran across this recipe looking for some ways to use my super sweet melon. It was already cut up in the fridge so I had to be creative with how I wrapped the turkey and mustard, but the taste was very nice. I'd like to try it with a higher quality mustard but I definitely enjoyed it with the spicy brown! (I'm out of my favorite coarse ground french mustard!)
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash white pepper
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices of peeled seeded cantaloupe (approx 4 x 1")
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard, honey, pepper; stir well.
- Spread 1 tsp mustard mixture on each turkey slice.
- Cut turkey slices in half lengthwise.
- Wrap 1 turkey slice spirally around each cantaloupe slice, or find another creative way to combine turkey and cantaloupe.
- Repeat with remaining mustard, turkey, and melon!
- Yum Yum.
- Makes 1 snack for me, or 6 appetizers.