Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet and savory snack is my favorite way to enjoy delicious ripe cantaloupes in the summer! You can also double or triple this to make quick summer appetizers.
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash white pepper
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices of peeled seeded cantaloupe (approx 4 x 1")
- Combine mustard, honey, pepper; stir well.
- Spread 1 tsp mustard mixture on each turkey slice.
- Cut turkey slices in half lengthwise.
- Wrap 1 turkey slice spirally around each cantaloupe slice, or find another creative way to combine turkey and cantaloupe.
- Repeat with remaining mustard, turkey, and melon!
- Yum Yum.
- Makes 1 snack for me, or 6 appetizers.
Yum. I ran across this recipe looking for some ways to use my super sweet melon. It was already cut up in the fridge so I had to be creative with how I wrapped the turkey and mustard, but the taste was very nice. I'd like to try it with a higher quality mustard but I definitely enjoyed it with the spicy brown! (I'm out of my favorite coarse ground french mustard!)