Top Review by naanny
I love this lasagna! I used to make this all the time then lost the recipe after a divorce and move etc. When my husband and I were talking about dinner ideas this popped into my head and voila!, here it is. Thank you, Dancer. It is very yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, omit if using salted stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey or 3 cups ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked al dente
- 1 (15 ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (1 slice ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the stock and milk and bring to the boiling point, either in a microwave oven or on top of the stove.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the hot stock-and-milk mixture, all at once, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt, pepper, sage and thyme and mix well.
- Stir in the turkey and parsley and set aside.
- Spread half of the cranberry sauce evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Cover the sauce with a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles.
- Top the noodles with the ricotta cheese and a third of the turkey mixture.
- Add a second layer of noodles.
- Spread the remaining cranberry sauce over the noodles.
- Cover the cranberries with half of the remaining turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Top with the remaining noodles, turkey mixture and shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and lightly browned.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into eight servings, approximately 3-by-4 inches each.