Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delightful dish for leftover turkey, a brunch, a potluck, or family meal.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 cups mayonnaise (I use light mayo)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (Can be hard to find. Try upscale grocer)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (Original recipe calls for 2 t, but I found that to be a little too much for my taste.)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked turkey, cubed (more may be used)
- 3 ounces dried cherries (may use 5)
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Cook pasta, drain,& toss in olive oil.
- Combine pasta, turkey, cherries, onion, celery,& ¼ c almonds.
- Mix in dressing to desired consistency.
- Top with other ¼ c almonds.
- NOTE: I tried substituting dried cranberries with cherry flavoring, but the flavor is just not the same as the dried cherries!
I substituted cooked chicken breasts for the turkey, green onion in place of yellow, but kept everything else the same. It was wonderful. I could certainly see this as a salad to serve at a bridal shower.
Quick and easy meal with ingredients I have on hand already!