Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very easy and comforting meal. The original is a Rachael Ray recipe that I have added some tweaking to.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced into large chunks
- 2 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- monterey jack cheese
- green onion
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion and bell peppers unti onions become translucent and peppers soften. Add the turkey and crumble. If there is excess fat, drain. Add chili powder, grill season, cumin, and Worcestershire. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add the tomato and barbecue sauces. Simmer for ten minutes. Spoon into bowls and top with cheese and other garnishes.
This was great chili, even without the beans! I thought they might be missing and googled Rachel's recipe. Nope, no beans! I added the corn that Rachel suggested and it was good but it would be good without it too. The spices looked like a lot to me, but the amount turned out to be perfect. I topped it with a bit of mozzarella - delish! Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks!