A very easy and comforting meal. The original is a Rachael Ray recipe that I have added some tweaking to.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced into large chunks
- 2 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- monterey jack cheese
- green onion
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion and bell peppers unti onions become translucent and peppers soften. Add the turkey and crumble. If there is excess fat, drain. Add chili powder, grill season, cumin, and Worcestershire. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add the tomato and barbecue sauces. Simmer for ten minutes. Spoon into bowls and top with cheese and other garnishes.