1/1 Photo of Turkey Balls & Pepper Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Julia Lynn's Note:
The people I work for gave this recipe to me, I am not a huge fan of ground turkey but boy did this recipe change my mind! For saucier meatballs spoon over after cooking instead of before. Serve this over rice or pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme, fresh
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour, for coating
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
Red Pepper Sauce
- 1For red pepper sauce: heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the shallots and red peppers, and saute until soft.
- 2Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer mixture for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly then transfer to your blender and blend until smooth.
- 4For the meatballs: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together all ingredients for the meatballs, seasoning to taste.
- 5Form the mixture into about 24 walnut sized balls.
- 6Spread the flour onto a plate and coat the meatballs.
- 7Heat the oil in a large pan, add the meatballs, and saute until they are golden all over.
- 8Transfer meatballs to a casserole and pour pepper sauce on top. (If looking for more sauce, like me, pour warm sauce on after baking instead of before. Add some chicken stock to the pan so balls wont dry out.) Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Balls & Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 177.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g