Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
for zwt9 you may add more spices if you like
- 2 crookneck yellow squash, cut in cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- fry onion and garlic until translucent.
- add spices.
- fry a little dont burn add water and squash
- steam on low a few minutes until just cooked.
Yum! A quick and easy, not to mention tasty, way to use up summers bounty! Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT9
This is a wonderful way to serve squash. The squash retains some crispness as well as nutrients. There are no heavy oils to take away from the freshness of the squash and the combination of spices is wonderful. Made for ZWT9.
Yummy, a nice and different way to enjoy squash! I enjoyed all the flavors! Made for team Hot Stuff for ZWT#9 2013.