Grilled Summer Squash With Fettuccine
A nice summer meal, with a salad and a glass of white wine.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium summer squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cut the ends off the squashes. Cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Combine the olive oil, garlic and shallot, 1 tbls. basil and black pepper. Pour over the squash to coat. Cover and marinate about 1 hour.
- Cream together the butter, remaining basil, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Place the vegetables in a grilling basket, or thread onto skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals (or preheated gas grill) 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and put back into the hot pan. Add the basil butter and vegetables, removing the skewers if used. Stir in the Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation