The original recipe called for breasts, but we prefer boneless thighs. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the Marinade
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 lemon, sliced (for garnish)
- green olives, sliced (for garnish)
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade (pepper through white wine) and mix thoroughly.
- Place 1/3 of the marinade in prepared roasting pan. Add the chicken on top of the marinade then cover with the remaining marinade mixture.
- Cover and allow to marinate for at least 60 minutes (all day in the refrigerator is better).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover the pan and transfer to oven.
- Bake 45 minutes, turning occasionally to brown the chicken all over.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley lemon slices and green olives.
- Serve with hot, cooked rice or cooked couscous.