Recipe by Outta Here
The original recipe called for breasts, but we prefer boneless thighs. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by l'ecole
This was very good, but much better reheated. I'm not sure whether it's a question of my needing to marinade it longer (mine had about 4 hours) or what. But it definitely improved the second day. Served it with a vinegar-based cabbage slaw and whole-wheat couscous.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the Marinade
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 lemon, sliced (for garnish)
- green olives, sliced (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade (pepper through white wine) and mix thoroughly.
- Place 1/3 of the marinade in prepared roasting pan. Add the chicken on top of the marinade then cover with the remaining marinade mixture.
- Cover and allow to marinate for at least 60 minutes (all day in the refrigerator is better).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover the pan and transfer to oven.
- Bake 45 minutes, turning occasionally to brown the chicken all over.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley lemon slices and green olives.
- Serve with hot, cooked rice or cooked couscous.