Amazing Greek Style Chicken Thighs
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large baking dish, add chicken thighs, skin side up. Add olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon. Give them a good stir to evenly coat the thighs. Sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper, and oregano.
- (Optional) You can stick small knobs of butter underneath the chicken skin if you want to have an extra special meal :).
- Add a little water, just to prevent the pan from burning and to create a "zoumee", sauce, in Greek :).
- Put it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until the meat is cooked. Halfway through, add more water if it needs (maybe 1/4 cup) and the other half of the lemon.
- When the meat is cooked, put oven on BROIL to crisp up the skin at the very end. Watch it carefully when you do this because the skin may burn quickly. We're goin for a crisp deep golden brown.
- You're done! Eat with a fresh loaf of bread, some lemon potatoes and a greek salad with lots of feta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!