Portuguese-Style Chicken Thighs
photo by Heydarl
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 small fresh Thai red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 fresh garlic clove (more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- Mix pepper, oregano, chili, paprika, vinegar and oil in bowl.
- Reserve about a quarter of the mixture and marinate thighs in the rest for a few hours.
- Drain chicken & discard the marinade. Grill, bbq or pan-fry the chicken until cooked (165F internal temperature).
- Pour the reserved mixture over cooked chicken to serve with a green salad or steamed veggies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great meal. I only had 30 mins to marinate, but the results still tasted fabulous. Cooked on the hotplate of our barbeque, with remaining marinade poured onto thighs just before taking them off the heat. Served with salad & ranch dressing for a lovely dinner. Thanks copperfire for sharing this keeper. Made for my Joey for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap August 2008.