Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pasta salad sounds very tasty. You can add mushrooms, or feta cheese or even canned tuna. I will try it soon. From Bigoven.com
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tbsp salt until al dente. Drain and run cold water over it. Drain.
- Dressing: Mix oil. lemon juice, cumin, peppers, garlic and salt to taste.
- Add cucumber, olives, scallions, tomatoes and parsley to pasta. Pour dressing over it and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature.
After reading the current reviews I doubled the dressing amount and was pleased that I did. Also added some snow peas that were beginning to mature. Loved the outcome, it's simple, healthy and tastes very good. :D
Good salad! I took BakinBaby's advice and adding a little bit more cucumber and tomatoes. Don't go too crazy with adding additional veggies because I think the dressing will get lost; next time I will make a double batch of the dressing. Good and refreshing! Made for ZWT9 for the Gourment Goddesses.
Pretty darn good. Made for company, they thought it might need more veggies. All in all it was lovely. Made for ZWT6.