Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just like my dad used to make it! Which means, it's the best way ;p.
Make and share this Tuna Sandwich or Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Drain and put tunafish and pepper in small bowl.
- Chop onion, celery, and pickle into very small pieces& add to bowl.
- Add enough mayo to cover ingredients when mixed.
- Just add a little pickle juice to moisten.
- Spread on bread with tomato and sprouts, or enjoy on a bed of lettuce with lemon juice sprinkled on top as a light salad.
Yummy! I used a 12 oz. can of tuna, 3 large tbls. mayo, green onions, and used dill pickles and some sweet relish. My husband requested mustard so I added a tsp. of it. Scattered parsley over the top to garnish and served it on lettuce surrounded by tomato wedges. Lovely! Thank you!
Great tuna recipe!
Very good tuna filling. I had a VERY pungent red onion, so cut that amount back to 2 tablespoons. Did not have garlic pickles, so used kosher dill. This recipe is very similar to what I normally make, so we enjoyed it a lot.