Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just like my dad used to make it! Which means, it's the best way ;p.
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 1 1⁄2 pickles (garlic and dill is best)
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 -3 tablespoons best foods mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion (a little less)
- 1 pinch pepper
- Drain and put tunafish and pepper in small bowl.
- Chop onion, celery, and pickle into very small pieces& add to bowl.
- Add enough mayo to cover ingredients when mixed.
- Just add a little pickle juice to moisten.
- Spread on bread with tomato and sprouts, or enjoy on a bed of lettuce with lemon juice sprinkled on top as a light salad.
Yummy! I used a 12 oz. can of tuna, 3 large tbls. mayo, green onions, and used dill pickles and some sweet relish. My husband requested mustard so I added a tsp. of it. Scattered parsley over the top to garnish and served it on lettuce surrounded by tomato wedges. Lovely! Thank you!
Very Yummm! Thanks!
Wow... PERFECT recipe. Added half a jalapeno, and served with fresh garden lettuce on toasted multigrain rye. Unbeatable!!