Recipe by Melany *
Just like my dad used to make it! Which means, it's the best way ;p.
Top Review by Bobbie
I used a 12 oz. can of tuna -- the recipe doesn't state the can size. I increased the mayo to almost 4 tablespoons. I think I will cut back on the pickle the next time. This is a VERY good tuna salad recipe -- the best one I've found so far. We made sandwiches one day and stuffed some tomatoes the next day. So refreshing during the hot weather. Thanks for the recipe, Melany!
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 1 1⁄2 pickles (garlic and dill is best)
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 -3 tablespoons best foods mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion (a little less)
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and put tunafish and pepper in small bowl.
- Chop onion, celery, and pickle into very small pieces& add to bowl.
- Add enough mayo to cover ingredients when mixed.
- Just add a little pickle juice to moisten.
- Spread on bread with tomato and sprouts, or enjoy on a bed of lettuce with lemon juice sprinkled on top as a light salad.