1/1 Photo of Tuna Sandwich Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Motley Oklahoman's Note:
Take a tuna sandwich, and add eggs, milk and canned soup = tuna sandwich casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or other seafood seasoning)
- 6 dashes louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- 2Trim the crusts from the bread slices. Spread a side of 6 of the bread slices with half of the softened butter. Place the bread slices , buttered side up over the bottom of the prepared baking dish, trimming slices as necessary to fit; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion, and garlic. Add the mayonnaise and spices; stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- 4Spread the tuna mixture over the buttered bread slices in the baking dish. Spread the remaining butter over a side of each of the remaining bread slices. Place the bread slices, buttered side up, over the tuna mixture, trimming the slices as necessary to fit.
- 5In a large bowl using a wire whisk, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and undiluted cream of mushroom soup; mix well. Carefully pour the soup mixture evenly over the bread and tuna layers in the baking dish. Cover the baking dish and chill in the refridgerator overnight.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the casserole, uncovered, in the oven about 1 hour or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Sandwich Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning