Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite canned tuna dishes
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna fish, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Simmer pineapple and juice, green pepper, celery, salt and condensed soup 10 minutes.
- Add tuna and tabasco.
- Place 2 cups of cooked rice into bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Pour tuna mixture over rice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
The flavors didn't mix too well for me. Maybe I did something wrong.
Easy,inexpensive and good flavor.
I tried it and it was really good. I made a few substitutions. I used brown rice. I put in broccoli instead of pineapple cuz that's all I had and I didn't use green peppers or celery (not a big fan). I used fat free cream of mushroom soup and it was fantastic!! I had two helpings for dinner and I'm having it for lunch as well! Thanks for posting.