Hot Pineapple Casserole
- Ready In:
- Mix sugar and flour in mixing bowl.
- Drain Pineapple, add cheddar cheese - mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry and wet mixtures, pour into greased full pan.
- Crush Ritz crackers and add melted butter to them. Pour this mixture over pineapple and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good. I didn't have grated cheese, so I just used the shredded cheddar I had. I also only had one can of crushed pineapple, so I used a can of chunked as well. It still turned out really good. It's almost more of a dessert. I will definitely fix it again. I even sprinkled a little cheese on top of the crackers.
I have eaten this at breakfast, lunch, and dinner! It was always a favorite of mine growing up, and now I serve it to my family. It's great at a potluck, because it's so easy to double or triple the recipe. And most people find it a welcome addition amongst the countless pasta salads and baked beans that you ordinarily find on a potluck table. I agree, it is great with ham. But if you want to try something truly special, serve it warm as dessert, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!