Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, cheap, tasty and nutritious! Mom used to serve this all the time to our busy family. I replace the 2 lightly beaten eggs with Egg beaters or egg whites and substitute crushed popcorn, or GF cracker/breadcrumbs so that I can continue to enjoy this dish.
- 418.15 g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml diced green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together tuna, breadcrumbs, egg, bell pepper, and onion. Then add milk, Worcestershire sauce and Tobasco, and salt and pepper, mixing with your hands.
- Pack ingredients into a large, greased loaf pan.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes, until top is golden brown and center is thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
I didn't hate this, but I highly doubt I would make again. It was a little too cooked on the outside and to be honest the flavor was only okay. I didn't like the bell pepper in this and I added a little ranch seasoning for taste, maybe that it was ruined it. Not horrible and it did for dinner with brocolli and macaroni salad on the side, but I def. wont make again.
We liked this loaf better the next day and cold instead of warm. I substituted red pepper for green, used 2 eggs instead of egg sub. and used onion powder instead of onion. I would suggest to buy a disposable loaf pan to toss afterwards rather than try and clean a non-stick one.
What a great way to use canned Tuna. I'm going to add a dash of liquid smoke flavoring next time I make this. Heart Healthy using egg substitute or egg whites,& with the Omega 3's in Tuna it's a WINNER !!!