Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has evolved over the years from a basic tuna casserole to something that MUST be shared. Because...bacon. :)
- 3 cups wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 small vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, steamed and chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed spice
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1. Cook pasta (I prefer egg noodles or spiral pasta) to Al Dente and drain.
- 2. Saute Celery & onion in butter or olive oil 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Place pasta in greased casserole dish. Pour mixture over top and.
- very gently stir into pasta until mixed well.
- 4. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- 5. Spread bacon bits, shredded cheese, and french fried onions on top. Cook an additional 5 minutes, uncovered.
- ** I usually cook this in a deep 9 x 9 casserole dish. If using something larger, you probably want to change the initial bake time to 20 minutes (or less - until it's bubbly).