Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, to garnish
- Melt butter in large saucepan and add onion.
- Cook gently till soft.
- Stir in curry powder, paprika, and flour.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually stir in stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add milk, lemon peel and sweetcorn and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tuna, breaking it up into flakes and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in parsley and garnish each serving with a little cheddar cheese.