Curried Carrot Bisque
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb carrot, peeled & sliced
- 2 leeks, washed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, Grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt & pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Grated
- Heat butter over medium heat in pot. Stir in carrots, leeks, ginger, garlic
- and curry powder.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until leeks soften slightly.
- Pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, 20 ~ 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Return to heat, add whipping cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated carrot. Serves 4 to 6.
- The Globe and Mail -----
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I, literally, had three of my friends pushing each other out of the way to scoop out the last spoonful of soup in the pot. I did not use 22 cloves of garlic as posted in the recipie, but only used two. I made it again the next night and the leftovers were wonderful the next day for lunch. Fantastic and easy. [Editor's Note the recipe has been updated as a result of this review 10/27/02]