Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is very adaptable. You can make these muffins with what you have on hand and to fit any occasion. Great for using little bits of this and that.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, less,to taste
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried fruit or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried papayas or 1 cup dried mango or 1 cup dried pineapple or 1 cup currants
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts, your choice or 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts (good with tropical fruits)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together flour, sugars, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Stir in fruit and nuts.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into 12 large muffin cups and bake in preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they test done.