Recipe by Sandylee
Recipe found in American Profile newspaper insert.
Top Review by Debbie D.
Delicious! This is a family favorite at our house. You can make it ahead of time, and just cook it when you are ready. Also, it freezes well, therefore, making it an easy dinner to take to anyone in need of a meal.
- 2 bacon, slices
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 3 leeks, well rinsed, trimmed, and cut in julienne strips (white part only)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, halves, skinless, boneless (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove and drain. Discard all but 2 tablespoon fat.
- Add mushrooms, leeks and onion to pan. Cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add sour cream, half-and-half, cheese, soup mix, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in pan.
- Pour cooled mushroom mixture evenly over chicken. Crumble bacon over top. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Remove plastic wrap and bake, uncovered, 1 hour.