1/1 Photo of Triple Onion Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Recipe found in American Profile newspaper insert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bacon, slices
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 3 leeks, well rinsed, trimmed, and cut in julienne strips (white part only)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, halves, skinless, boneless (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove and drain. Discard all but 2 tablespoon fat.
- 2Add mushrooms, leeks and onion to pan. Cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 3Add sour cream, half-and-half, cheese, soup mix, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 4Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in pan.
- 5Pour cooled mushroom mixture evenly over chicken. Crumble bacon over top. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Remove plastic wrap and bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Onion Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 772.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g