Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderfully rich dessert that my friends and family rave about whenever I make it.
- 30 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 envelopes whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- chocolate curls (to garnish) (optional)
- Crust: Combine cookies and sugar in food processor.
- Pulse until cookies are finely crushed.
- Add melted butter in stream and process until crust is evenly moistened and begins to come together.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch round pan with removable bottom.
- Filling: Place chocolate in bowl.
- Heat cream in medium-size saucepan just until simmering.
- Pour over chocolate; let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into bottom of prepared crust.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or freeze 10 minutes, until firm.
- Beat together 1 cup of milk and the whipped topping mix in large bowl as per package directions.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Top with pudding mix and remaining milk; beat until well blended and consistency of sour cream.
- Spread into tart shell, swirling top decoratively, if desired.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
I made this pie for my family and we loved it! It has a surprisingly rich chocolate flavor - similar to a french silk. Will definitely make again!