Baked Steelhead Trout/Salmon with Apricot Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1 lb steelhead trout or 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced pineapple
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped or sliced small)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine apricots (reserve juice), pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
- Toss all and chill for at least one hour.
- Place trout/salmon filets in lightly greased 9x11 inch baking dish (I use butter to grease the pan).
- Cover trout with salsa.
- Gently pour reserved apricot juice over all.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Join The Conversation
I made this receipe for my jackpine savage nephew, his fiancee, and their two hunyuck buddies. Fantabulous!!!! For the salsa, I made it with one full red pepper and one full yellow pepper and added one fresh mango to the recipe. Use fresh cilantro in lieu of dried adds to the flavor, also. I got an A from the boys from up north who were born and raised on wild game they shot or hooked. Chef Francois