Broiled Steelhead Trout With Rosemary, Lemon and Garlic
This recipe would also work for many other types of fish, like catfish or salmon, but Steelhead is what I had on hand. So yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb steelhead fillet, with or without skin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- additional oil, for greasing baking pan
- Prepare a baking or roasting pan by lining it with foil and brushing it with olive oil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except fish into a well-blended paste.
- Place fish skin-side down (if it has skin) on baking sheet, then spread seasoning over flesh.
- Broil fish at second rack away from heat for 5 minutes or less, just enough to sear flesh but not burn herbs.
- Lower fish to 3rd or 4th rack and lower oven heat to 325°F Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, salad, orzo salad, whatever.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, novice here who is married to a gourmet. She was down and out, so I said I’d make dinner. Went to Fish Market, saw the trout and then came across this recipe on internet. Why not, right? It was OFF THE CHARTS! Super easy to make, took 20 mins, served with steamed veggies, was only 45 calories....and basically no hassle clean-up. I was a hero....#winwin!