Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until well blended.
- Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes before placing on wire racks to cool completely.
I've made these cookies before! They are delicious! Your recipe and directions a little bit different than mine but now I will have to try yours to see how they turn out!
These were wonderful cookies. I thought they might be too crisp with all the butter, but the texture was perfect. A little crispy and a little chewy. The first few I made weren't as good as the ones I made later after I let the dough chill a little. The picture I took was of the first batch. Jelisa, you little freak, thanks for a great recipe!! ;)
I made these exactly as written in terms of preparation, but I used 1 cup each of Ghiradelli semi sweet chips, Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips and double chocolate chips. The dough was delicious and the cookies held their shape well (didn't spread too much like some all butter cookies do). I will add a touch more salt next time though, even though I used salted butter. It needs maybe 3/4 of a teaspoon of salt for best flavor.