Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, half and half, cream, parsley, sugar, cayenne, salt and ranch seasoning and mix until well blended.
- Add the macaroni, cheddar, monterey jack and parmesan cheeses and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
My God, this was the best mac and cheese I'd ever had!!! I am actually making it again today for a brunch after I served it for the first time on Sunday. I did substitute Cavatappi pasta for macaroni, as I've found that it holds up to cheese and cream sauces better, and I also added some grated emmenthaler cheese. Today, I'm thinking about topping it off with some breadcrumbs. Have fun!
This was so rich and creamy, I really liked it! I substituted light sour cream for the heavy cream. Thanks for sharing!