Four Cheese Macaroni - Low Fat & Delicious!
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1⁄2 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Salt water.
- Add macaroni, and cook until al dente.
- Drain into a colander.
- Run under cold water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine flour and milk in a large saucepan, whisking until blended.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses and cook until melted and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked macaroni and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation