Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
It's the most addictive thing I have ever had.
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the filling
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
For the topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup strawberry, stems removed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Preheat ove to 30°F.
- To make the crust:.
- In a food processor (fitted with a metal blade) combine the crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Process until teh crumbs begin to stick together.
- With your handpress the crumbs firmly on the bottom and 2 1/4 inches up the sides of a springform pan 9 inches in diameter and 2 1/2 inches deep.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the filling:.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
- Bake until the edges are set but the cent still quiver slightly when the pan is shaken(about 1 hr and 10 mins.).
- For the topping:.
- Mean while, in a bowl stir together the sour cream and sugar.
- When the cheesecake is done, spoon the sour cream mixture over the top.
- Returen the cake to the over for 5 minutes longer to set.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large, heavy frying pan over medium heat, stir the preserves until melted.
- remove from heat, add all the berries and toss to coat.
- Run a knife around the pan sides to loosen the cake.
- Mound the berries atop the cake.
- Refrigerat for 30 mins or up to 2 hours
- Remove foil and release the pan sides and serve.