Triple Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 118.29 ml chopped hazelnuts, toasted and divided
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 15 chocolate wafers
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml instant coffee granules
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 453.59 g container fat-free cottage cheese
- 226.79 g package fat free cream cheese
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml Frangelico
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place 1/4 cup hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and chocolate wafers in food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add oil and process until moist.
- Press crumbs into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Wrap outside of pan with double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine instant coffee granules and 1 tablespoon hot water in small bowl.
- Place cheeses in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add coffee mixture, cocoa and next 6 ingredients and process until well blended.
- Add eggs.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Place pan in a large baking pan.
- Add hot water to baking pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325 for one hour until cheesecake barely moves when pan is touched.
- Remove from oven and run knife around outside edge.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup hazelnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe actually turned out very well!!! It is a dark colour (which surprised me a bit) and seems very thick, yet is lower in fat!! My father thought it was too sweet but it suited everyone elses taste (adults and youngins included)!! Highly recommended for special occasions!! Thanks again Claire for finding this recipe for me!!