Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Pepper pot is made throughout the Islands, and will differ slightly on each island.It is a dish that can go on, & on , & on.......
- clean & cut meat into small pieces.
- Put into a large NON METAL pot (clay)& cover with plenty of water.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Add peppers ( In a small cloth bag), thyme sliced,onions, sugar & casseripe.
- Simmer until meat is tender.
- Boil everyday to keep fresh.
- Add fredsh meat (or cooked leftovers) from time to time.
- NEVER ADD ANYTHING WITH STARCH OR FLOUR,(even Rice) as pepperpot could sour & go bad.
- ALWAYS USE NON METAL UTENSILS (ie wooden spoons).
- Add water with cassereep every so often & boil.