1/1 Photo of Treasure Island Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
A sweet and tangy chicken with sauce left over to use as a gravy. Love to serve this with rice and peas and cover the chicken and rice with the sauce before serving. Got this recipe from Mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skin from chicken breasts and legs. Place chicken in baking dish bone side up. Amount of chicken you can cook depends on the size of your baking dish. 2 QT dish can make just over 3 lbs, which should be enough to serve 6.
- 2Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 3After chicken has cooked for about 20 minutes, melt butter in saucepan. Once melted, stir in remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat and stir sauce until thickened.
- 4Remove chicken from oven and dish. Drain fat and wipe down dish. Place chicken back in dish bone side down. Cover with sauce and bake at 350 degrees for another 30 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from oven and dish. Drain sauce from dish into gravy boat. As stated, love to serve with rice and peas, but that all open to interpretation. Cover chicken and rice with sauce at will before serving. Then get down to enjoying the tasty goodness.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Treasure Island Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 165.6 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 48.3 g