Chicken Margarita & Saffron Yellow Rice
photo by A Taste of Brooklyn
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package vigo saffron yellow rice
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄8 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cook the rice according to package directions. In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut the chicken in ½ lengthwise & pound to ¼ inch thick. Rince the chicken under cold water then pat dry with paper towel. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then lightly dredge in flour; shaking off the excess.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add ½ the butter and ½ the oil and when hot, working in batches, sear the chicken until lightly browned, and cooked through, about 3 to 4 min per batch. Remove and set aside.
- Stir the tequila mixture and add it to the skillet, add in the cilantro and bring to a boil. Return the chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 6 to 8 minute Plate and serve along side the rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and I have a passion for cooking. My culinary education is one hundred percent autodidact. All my recipes are easy and delicious. I have personally tested and retested each and every recipe! All my recipes are created and recreated using the basic methods of cooking. My passion for cooking has driven me to publish my first cookbook in 2015. For a copy of my book, please visit Frank Saulle at facebook.com. (A Taste of Brooklyn)</p>