Cuban Spicy Yellow Rice
photo by Luvs 2 Cook
- Ready In:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning (with or without pepper)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet sazon con azafran seasoning (sold 6 to a box, individual packets have no weight on them, so I'm guessing, available in your Hispa)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all in the rice cooker. Takes about 20 minutes, depending on your cooker. You can adjust seasonings more or less, for your taste.
- Stove top: Combine all except rice in a saucepan, bring to boil. Add rice and cover. Reduce heat to low, cook about 20-25 minutes. Sit 5 minutes, fluff with fork. (Your basic rice cooking instructions).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe must not have the correct measurements for the ingredients. It is way toooooooooooo salty. I even used the low sodium adobo seasoning. I also think there was to mush water for one cup of rice. The rice came out gummy. I had to throw the rice down the garbage disposal. I will not make this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
hi :) i'm a mom of 2, my DD (6) and my DS (4). my DH is the pickiest eater of them all so I am always on the lookout for something different to make, but yet with foods that he will eat (or that i can hide lol). my DD just lost her first tooth and is in the process of losing more, so i need easy to chew foods. we also leave early and get home very late due to work, so quick weeknight dinners or crockpot yummies are a must in our house.