1/1 Photo of Trail Mix Cookies
WI Cheesehead's Note:
These are made with part butter (or margarine) and part oil. Packed with oat bran and wheat germ, they taste good too! I reduced some of the add ins as suggested by reviewers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup M&M's or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2In bowl, beat together honey, brown sugar, margarine and canola oil until creamy and well blended.
- 3Mix in oats, vanilla and eggs; then flour, oat bran, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- 4Stir in peanut butter, then M & M's or chocolate chips, peanuts, if using, and sunflower seeds.
- 5Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- 6Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes or until cookies are set and begin to brown.
- 7Cool on cookie sheets about 1 minute, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trail Mix Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g