I got the main recipe for this Tiramisu from the Sopranos Family Cookbook. I changed the Liquor to Frangelico and altered some of the measurements and it's perfect! Every time I am invited to a get together I am asked to bring this and my Manicotti! I hope you all enjoy it! It's best made the day before so that the ingredients have time to mix with each other!
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, Frangelico liquor and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream till soft peaks form.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into the whip cream.
- In an 8x8-inch glass serving dish layer 1/2 the ladyfingers tightly on the bottom.
- Drizzle 1/2 the espresso over the ladyfingers, trying to saturate them evenly.
- Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the shaved chocolate over the top.
- Layer remaining ladyfingers on top of the shaved chocolate. Again, you are looking to get a nice tight layer.
- Drizzle the remaining espresso over the ladyfingers.
- Spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers. You can either spread it nice and smooth with a spatula OR spread the mixture and create soft peaks for texture and appearance.
- Sprinkle the remaining shaved chocolate on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best results (at least 8 hours).