Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the main recipe for this Tiramisu from the Sopranos Family Cookbook. I changed the Liquor to Frangelico and altered some of the measurements and it's perfect! Every time I am invited to a get together I am asked to bring this and my Manicotti! I hope you all enjoy it! It's best made the day before so that the ingredients have time to mix with each other!
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico (any type of hazelnut liquor will do)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 italian ladyfingers (Savoiardi)
- 1 cup espresso (room temperature)
- 2⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate, shaved into small pieces
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, Frangelico liquor and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream till soft peaks form.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into the whip cream.
- In an 8x8-inch glass serving dish layer 1/2 the ladyfingers tightly on the bottom.
- Drizzle 1/2 the espresso over the ladyfingers, trying to saturate them evenly.
- Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the shaved chocolate over the top.
- Layer remaining ladyfingers on top of the shaved chocolate. Again, you are looking to get a nice tight layer.
- Drizzle the remaining espresso over the ladyfingers.
- Spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers. You can either spread it nice and smooth with a spatula OR spread the mixture and create soft peaks for texture and appearance.
- Sprinkle the remaining shaved chocolate on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best results (at least 8 hours).
I love it! I mixed in Bailey's with Kalhua and it turned out absolutely lovely!
I also have the Soprano Family Cookbook and have made this Tiramisu countless times. It's always a hit. My best friend loves it and for her birthday, that's all she wanted so she could eat the whole pan and not share any of it! One alteration I make is using Cool Whip instead of taking the time to whip heavy cream. Its good and its fast!
This is as close to traditional Tiramisu as it gets! It tasted just as good as tiramisu that we have had at 4 star Italian restaurants. Tastes even better if you make a day ahead and refrigerate overnight as recommended in recipe. Brought this with us to a party and everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe! Thaks ItalianMomof2!!!