Tiramisu - Giada De Laurentiis
I saw Giada make this on a recent episode. I haven't made it yet but I can't wait...
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups espresso, cooled
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a large bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum.
- Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart.
- Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Spread evenly 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation