1/1 Photo of Traditional Garlic Shrimp
I got this recipe many years ago from a local restaurant in New Jersey. The restaurant is still there, so I know this is a good one ! When I tell people how easy it is, they are always surprised. You can serve this over rice as a main course (yellow or white rice), or just serve it in the casserole dish with plenty of delicious Portuguese bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For two pounds of raw, peeled shrimp.
- 3Saute: One stick margarine (I use butter).
- 4With Six cloves crushed garlic
- 5Slowly, on low heat, heat the butter and garlic. Do not burn the garlic !
- 7Add: 1/2 Cup dry white wine (can use cooking wine).
- 81/2 Crushed Red Pepper
- 91 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 10Place raw, peeled shrimp in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish and pour the sauce over the shrimp. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- 11You're done ! Serve over yellow or white rice or alone with plenty of bread .
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 1419.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g