Prep 26 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dish for a holiday or family get together. I got it from a local newspaper a couple years ago. The article noted that it is a traditional Christmas dish. You do need to prepare the day before. Yummy!
- 2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 pie crusts
- Combine pork, water, spices, and chopped onions over low or moderate heat for 90 minute. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes until soft. Mash and put aside.
- When meat is done, blend the meat and potatoes together.
- Cool overnight in refrigerator.
- The next day, pour meat and potato mixture into pie shell, add top crust.
- Cover edges of crust with tin foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 400°F or until the top of the crust is golden brown.