Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that mom's made for years, have no idea where she got it. I change it up depending on what I have on hand.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (I prefer red onion)
- 1 clove of minced garlic, to taste
- 1 cup chopped olive (I use a 4 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 hot tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Cook ground round, onion and garlic until meat begins to brown.
- Add olives, tomatoes and raisins.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, salt and sugar.
- Stir again and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on reduced heat.
- Spread on tortillas.
- Roll up and place in a greased baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar and bake for about 20 minutes, or until warm through.
- Great served with spanish rice on the side.