Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really easy recipe for tortilla soup. The enchilada sauce in it makes it a bit different than some of the other recipes out there.
- 1 dozen tortilla, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 pints chicken broth
Garnish with your choice
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- sour cream
- fried corn tortilla strips
- Fry tortillas in hot (425 degree) oil until hardened, but not browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until softened.
- Add broth and enchilada sauce and cook over medium heat for three minutes.
- To serve, place tortilla strips in bottom of bowl, ladle soup over strips and garnish as preferred.
The kids loved this, and we will be making it again and again!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.