Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got out the crock pot and cleaned out the fridge. Kinda cold and snowy today thought soup would hit the spot, oh boy bowls were emptied. Hope you enjoy. I have added fresh spinach, we all like that except for DS. This is a anything goes meal. Served with parmesan cheese and garlic toast. YUMMY! Servings are a guess, and so is the cook and prep time. Way to many variables.
- 4 pieces cooked sausage, diced (I had leftovers)
- 1 quart v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (3 lb) can chicken broth (the big one)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof italian mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (1 lb) package tortellini (I used cheese)
- seasoning, to your liking (I used Italian, garlic and fresh basil)
- Dump everything in the crock pot except for the tortellini.
- Turn the crock pot on low.
- Go to work or out to play. Just enjoy the day.
- When you come home (about 7 hours later), cook the tortellini according to the package.
- Place desired amount tortellini in a bowl, and ladle soup over.
- Enjoy with a nice bread and salad.
- I keep the tortellini separate so it doesn't get smushy and I can freeze the left overs for another meal. Go figure left overs made from left overs. Makes a mom smile!
Love, love, loved this soup. So easy to make but very tasty. The salsa really makes it nice and spicy. I didn't have tortellini so i substituted mini cheese raviolis. It was very good and is at the top of my favorite zaar soups list. :D
Bravo! This was outstanding. I couldn't believe how different this soup is from your every day soup. My family loved it. This will become a main stay in my family.
Yummy! This is so good and so adaptable too! I made a few changes by using 1 package of ground sausage, cooked 4 carrots (no celery) and more mushrooms than called for (also skipping the mixed vegetables but using the frozen veggies), used 1 can tomatoes (instead of the salsa) and lots of Italian seasoning--wonderful! And so easy too! We are freezing all the leftovers in lunchable bowls for lunches. This is a must to have often! Thanks for shsring this wonderful soup!