Recipe by Jules211
I got out the crock pot and cleaned out the fridge. Kinda cold and snowy today thought soup would hit the spot, oh boy bowls were emptied. Hope you enjoy. I have added fresh spinach, we all like that except for DS. This is a anything goes meal. Served with parmesan cheese and garlic toast. YUMMY! Servings are a guess, and so is the cook and prep time. Way to many variables.
Top Review by KeystoneGal06
Love, love, loved this soup. So easy to make but very tasty. The salsa really makes it nice and spicy. I didn't have tortellini so i substituted mini cheese raviolis. It was very good and is at the top of my favorite zaar soups list. :D
- 4 pieces cooked sausage, diced (I had leftovers)
- 1 quart v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (3 lb) can chicken broth (the big one)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof italian mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (1 lb) package tortellini (I used cheese)
- seasoning, to your liking (I used Italian, garlic and fresh basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump everything in the crock pot except for the tortellini.
- Turn the crock pot on low.
- Go to work or out to play. Just enjoy the day.
- When you come home (about 7 hours later), cook the tortellini according to the package.
- Place desired amount tortellini in a bowl, and ladle soup over.
- Enjoy with a nice bread and salad.
- I keep the tortellini separate so it doesn't get smushy and I can freeze the left overs for another meal. Go figure left overs made from left overs. Makes a mom smile!