Recipe by Christine on the bay
A different pasta salad, almost a meal in itself.
Top Review by Susie D
I was making this to serve as a side dish to go with BBQ ribs so left out the salami and pepperoni. I thinly sliced the veggies I selected on a mandoline. I used a little over half of the dressing mix before chilling and stirred the rest in right before serving. We enjoyed the salad. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 2 (12 ounce) packagescheese tri-colored fresh tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh garlic or garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cubed hard salami
- 1⁄2 lb cubed provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cubed pepperoni
- chopped tomato
- black olives or green olives
- zucchini or squash
- shredded carrot
- cannellini beans
- garbanzo beans
- chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini in boiling water with a bit of salt.
- Drain and cool, do not rinse.
- Whisk together herbs and dressing.
- Chop all your vegetables.
- Combine all in a large bowl.
- Can be served room temp or chilled.
- If chilling, you may have to add more dressing before serving as the tortellini will soak the dressing up.