Recipe by CarrolJ
This is the best tasting Italian Style Pasta salad I have ever eaten. I received this recipe from a caterer at our church Cyndy Totten, who gave me permission to post her recipes. Cooking time is cooling time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Sharon123
This reminds me of the salad I sometimes get at the deli in Ingles. I left out the salami to make it vegetarian. I used Italian seasoning, and I used tri-colored shell macaroni. I did add some celery and extra black olives. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC) 2011.
Salad Pastas and Vegetables
- 8 ounces cooked multi-colored cheese tortellini
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta, which has been cooked
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni or 1 cup salami
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
Dressing and Spices
- 2 cups your favorite Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons your favorite salad seasoning (I use Salad Supreme Seasoning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the precooked Tortellini and Bow Tie Pasta in a large colander.
- Rinse both pastas under cold water until completely cooled.
- Drain completely and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the Salad Pastas and Vegetables.
- Add the Dressing and Spices and toss everything well.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- This salad develops more flavor the longer it refrigerates so it can be made the night before if desired.
- Lightly toss just prior to serving.