1/11 Photos of Top Secret Recipes Version of Doubletree Hotel's Chocolate Chip
Anita Harris's Note:
Heavenly is all I can say!! I had these cookies on a trip many years ago while staying at a Doubletree Hotel (they left one on each pillow each day after cleaning the rooms) and always thought they were "THE BEST" chocolate chip cookies I had ever eaten! I have searched High and Low for a recipe for anything similar to what I had eaten at the Doubletree and recently found this recipe (unfortunately I can't remember where I got the recipe from)and have made them several times since. They are a little more time-consuming than regular chocolate chip cookies but well worth the extra time! This recipe makes extra large cookies. I'm not sure as to the exact prep time and I don't always chill the dough overnight) From Even More Top Secret Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened (No Substitutes!)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grind oats in a food processor or blender until ground fine.
- 3Combine ground oats with flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice and mix with mixer until combined.
- 5Add the eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- 6Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend well.
- 7Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well mixed.
- 8Spoon rounded 1/4 cups full (yes, 1/4 cups!) onto ungreased, nonstick cookie sheet.
- 9Place scoops of dough 2" apart (you don't need to press dough flat).
- 10Bake 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle.
- 11Let cool.
- 12Store in sealed container to keep soft.
- 13(for best results chill dough overnight).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of Doubletree Hotel's Chocolate Chip
Serving Size: 1 (1691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 304.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g