Recipe by mama smurf
What is there to say...the title says it all!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made & served this chicken pretty much as given in the recipe, with one exception ~ I cut each of the large breasts into 6 slices each before baking them! I served the chicken over a large platter of brown rice & topped it all with fresh chives! It was one of several main courses (& much raved about) at a neighborhood potluck we had on New Year's Day! A nice comforting dish! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 (4 ounce) cartonof whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- parsley or green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soup, cream cheese and wine together.
- Arrange the chicken in a greased 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over the chicken, turning chicken to coat well.
- Crush oregano and sprinkle over the top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Remove foil and cook another 1/2 hour. Baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve over hot noodles or rice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or green onions.